|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Ascension Island Network Information Centre (run by Internet Computer Bureau)|
|Sponsor||Cable and Wireless (Ascension Island)|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha|
|Actual use||Various uses, sometimes connected to education and academia; a few sites actually on Ascension Island|
|Registration restrictions||2nd-level registrant must have professional or academic qualification ; 3rd level registrant must be resident on Ascension Island|
|Structure||Registrations are taken directly at the second level or at third level beneath various 2nd-level labels|
|Documents||Terms & Conditions; Rules|
|Dispute policies||Dispute Resolution Policy|
.ac is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha. It is administered by NIC.AC, a subsidiary of the Internet Computer Bureau based in the United Kingdom.
Use as an abbreviation for "academic"
- The University of Kurdistan - Hawler
- Ralston College in Savannah, Georgia, United States
- The Faith Mission Bible College in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Used for promotion, campaigns and URL Shortening by various parts of the University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- The Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU) in Bangkok, Thailand
- INFORM (Information Network Focus on Religious Movements), based at the London School of Economics
- Newcastle University, an online institution unconnected with Newcastle University in the United Kingdom or the University of Newcastle, Australia
- "IDN Code Points Policy for the .AC Top Level Domain" (PDF). nic.ac. 2013-05-20. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-08-06. Retrieved 2013-05-23.
- "University of Kurdistan Hewlêr".
- "Collegium Ralstonianum apud Savannenses - New Website Under Construction".
- "Faith Marketing Business Consulting | Faith Based Marketing".
- https://switch.ac[permanent dead link]
- "Home - Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit".
- "New Religious Movements - Latest news from Inform | Inform".
- "The Pirate Bay Moves to .AC After Domain Name Seizure". 2013-12-10.